Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I thought I did a pretty good job of turning 29.

i got up, went to school just like any other saturday. ken had the day off so after class we stuffed ourselves silly on all-you-can-eat yakiniku and spent the rest of the afternoon in the zoo.

the next day i had lunch with ken's family and potlucked with some old friends in the evening.

i think i'm just about done with my 20s. every now and then i might moan about growing old, but deep down i'm really just looking forward to hitting my next decade. if the first ten years are about being a girl and the next twenty are spent learning how to be a woman, i guess 30 is the year when i let the meaning of the word "woman" seep into my skin and into the core of my being.

because even when you're officially an over-adult at 29, you can somehow still make the fatal mistake of eating too much grilled meat with your 30-year old boyfriend and suffer from a bad tummy for two days straight. (the 30 year old man is now suffering from gastric flu. we are swearing off yakiniku until stupidity takes control again.)

some shots from my birthday:

lunch with ken's folks (clockwise from behind me: grandpa, mom, aunt and uncle)



beautiful red roses from ken's grandpa and a magnifying face mirror from his aunt and uncle

katsura and i blowing out the candles on our cake (she turns 34 on 3rd dec)

No comments:

Post a Comment