Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Girls

I think I need my girls more than ever right now.

the car overheated again yesterday so i went to the carpark armed with a bottle of water. took me some time to figure out how to pry open the hood, and i got so confused with the tangle of wires and engine parts that i resorted to stopping a family out on their evening walk for help.

i dont need a man. now i know what to do when my car overheats.

i had everything prepared for dinner when he suddenly tells me he's made an appointment with a friend. suddenly i didnt feel like i wanted to stay at home waiting for him to come home.

i packed a toothbrush, my pyjamas, a change of clothing and a bath towel and called two of my friends. they didnt pick up the phone. i decided to leave the house anyway.

the 20 minutes or so that i spent driving in the car waiting for someone to return my call were probably my loneliest in a long time.

to the dear girl who readily agreed to take me in for the night, you're my girl.

to the rest of my girls, this is for you. i am far away and not by your sides, but know that i am always there for you. and i know you girls will do the same for me.

i dont need a man. i have my girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment