Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Lot Like Love

One thing I realised about moving into a new place. Gender niceties aside, having a man around actually makes things a lot simpler. as usual i was trying to play superwoman. cart my own boxes, clean the house alone, shop for necessities without him.

but the ceilings remained dusty because my arms werent long enough to get to them. and the lights kept flickering because i had no idea i needed to change the starter. so when ken reached above my head and fiddled with the fluorescent tube until it worked, it finally dawned on me that i have to stop running a two-man show on my own and start learning about teamwork.

we just had our first dinner last night and i served up my grandmother's recipe to gain extra brownie points. it is actually quite a relief to know that i can still remember how to cook when the occasion calls for it. in the meantime, we've been trawling furniture stores, home centres and recycle shops together and i'm liking the way we fit.

we both like cheap, old junk and lime green cutting boards. i like the fact that we dont have to fight over what colour to paint our walls cos we invariably pick the same shade. i never knew this about us until we moved in together.

so yes, let me gush over the man because i am liking him a lot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment