Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Stay in Okinawa Just Got A Lot Sweeter..

So because Sam is in town!! She flew in from Mie last Saturday and it was so comforting to see her, camera-in-hand, waiting for me at the monorail station when I went to pick her up at the airport. her being in okinawa means a lot to me, cos now i have the temporary right to spout singlish freely (much to the stares of the people around us) and play tourist for a bit after the madness of the semester.
more than the surreality of having sam with me in okinawa, touching base with an old friend away from home did me a lot of good. just when things were beginning to look and feel uncertain, and i was starting to entertain doubts about the way i am living my life here in okinawa, my friends helped to convince me otherwise.
all it took was one friday afternoon. one friendly (and timely) call from singapore. a hearty okonomiyaki dinner and coffee with close friends. news about other singaporeans living up north.
life isnt all that bad. and i have the power to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment