Pages

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Pissed Sheep

I have never sought to place my needs above his. in fact, i always thought my relationship was more about giving him and his needs priority.

i send him to work. i pick him up from work. i make him lunch (well, most of the time). i iron his clothes. i clean the house. i pay for the groceries. i do the laundry.

to be accused of only thinking for myself was like a hard slap to my face.

and yet, when things get to such a point i always feel as if i am in no position to defend myself. his accusations come fast and furious, and his words never fail to hit where it hurts the most.

one sentence and everything becomes exposed in the harsh light of day. a few words was all it took to make my heart feel like it's been trampled upon and put through a grinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment