Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Counting Down

In less than two weeks from now I shall be typing in a different place miles away from home.
it's strange but suddenly it doesnt seem so important to leave anymore. it feels as if whatever i had been hoping for could wait for a little longer. there are still tons of things to do, people to properly say goodbye to and family to spend time with.
if i sound melodramatic, it's simply because i am.
some random things that might make me ache for singapore and my life here:
1. the sun-dappled, tree-lined avenue leading me home from the mrt station.
2. sue's exquisite hot chocolate. my favourite chicken rice stall. teh-O.
3. the comfort of seeing malays, indians and chinese squeezed nonchalantly into the same row of seats on the train.
4. shopping at far east plaza.
5. christmas light-ups in orchard road.
6. my mother's pickled vegetables with sliced pork and everything else that she cooks.
7. the smell of my father's aftershave. the tinkle of my mother's laughter.
8. sunday mornings spent bitching about the gahmen over newspapers.
9. my cousins calling me "ah ping". my brother calling me "jiejie".
10. eating at crystal jade with the girls.
i'm lonely already.

No comments:

Post a Comment